A geographic information system (GIS) lets us visualize, question, analyze, and interpret data to understand relationships, patterns and trends occuring on the Kenogami Forest. In Foresty, GIS plays a Key Role in all aspects of Forest Management Planning. GIS is essential to understanding what is happening and what will happen in a given geographical space. GIS data allows Foresters to prescribe action to ensure a healthy, productive forest is maintained.
- Custom Map Creation
- Data Conversion and Acquisition
- Geodatabase Development
- Prepare maps, tables, and spatial data required for Forest Management Planning: FMP, AMS, AR, Revisions, Amendments, and Audits
- Forest Resources Inventory Update data preparation
- Design/ maintain Water Crossing Inspection database and photo storage
- Create scripts and models to automate tasks